MEPCO is a joint-stock electricity service provider that was introduced in 1998 underline with the government’s policy of a separate energy sector in Pakistan. However, MEPCO has made it easy for every user to check the online status of their bills and so forth. Yet, if you want to apply for the MEPCO new connection, you can also execute this process online.
You can effortlessly apply for MEPCO new connection without visiting the head office to get the application form physically. You just need to simply download the application form and print it out. You can check your bill online as well as all of your payment histories.
Formerly, when the online system was not introduced, everyone had to visit the customer center of MEPCO and had to wait in long queues for their turn, no matter how minor the work was. This small work had taken all day for the person and became a tiring procedure.
Therefore, with the help of the internet, everything can be done within seconds without moving from your sofa. And the results were effective and quick.
If you are here to get the information about the application for a new MEPCO connection, then you are in the right place. In this blog, I would let you know everything about the online process so you get your new connection trouble-freely.
New Connection Procedure:
To apply for the MEPCO new connection, you need to fill out the application form with the required information. You can get this application form from the official website of MEPCO and is available in both English and Urdu language.
In case you don’t understand any point while filling out the form, MEPCO staff is always available to assist you. After filling out the application form, you can send it to the MEPCO office via your registered email. Once the staff has received your email, you will be given a receipt and a serial number. It means that your application has been confirmed. The following process will be delivered to the MEPCO officials.
To fill out the application, you need to follow the steps below:
- You need to upload scanned copies of several documents such as:
- NOC if you live in a rental house.
- Proof of ownership.
- Verified copies of CNIC of at least two witnesses.
- Undertaking by the applicant.
- Attested a copy of your CNIC.
- Power of attorney if the owner is more than one.
- A copy of the concerned bill signed by the user appropriately.
- Once you have filled out the application form, print it out.
- Attach this application form with the required documents.
- Send this form to the MEPCO office.
- When your documents have been verified, you’ll receive a demand notice.
- Now, you have to submit this notice to the nominated bank.
- Submit a copy of paid demand notice to the MEPCO office.
- Your MEPCO connection will be installed after the verification of the payment.
To apply for a new connection online
First, you need to download the New Connection Application Form. You can download the New Connection Form by clicking on our link below
Once, you have downloaded the form, you need to get it print out. The next step is to fill the form and attach all the documents. You can then submit the New Connection form by visiting a customer service center that is near you.
How Long Does it Take to Get a New MEPCO Connection?
Typically, the time to get the new MEPCO connection depends on which category of connection you have applied for. There are three categories for MEPCO connection, and each of them takes a different time.
Up to 15kW Connection
The process to get the new MEPCO connection of up to 15 kW takes approximately 30 days. This process requires you to follow several steps such as verification of your application and documents, office-related work, payments, etc. that take time.
16 to 70kW-400V Connection
The second category also works by following the same steps, yet it consumes probably 44 days to complete the procedure.
71 to 500Kw-400V Connection
Just like the other MEPCO connections, this category follows equal steps. However, due to high watts, this connection takes time of up to 73 days or more after submitting the application form.
Estimated time for new connection:
How long it may take to get a new mepco meter connection? It depends on the connection category. Basically, there are 3 main categories of Mepco electric supply connection according to load.
Category – 1 (Up to 15 kW)
Here are steps with an estimated number of days to get a category-1 connection:
- Applicant will fill out the application form with related papers and submit it to the nearest office which will issue the receipt and seniority number to the applicant. For this purpose, the office will set up a seniority register as per the application submission date and the applicant will get access to it.
- A related officer will visit the place where a new connection is required to make sure whether it is possible to set up this new connection or not. If not possible, then the applicant will be informed.
- If it is possible to set up a new connection at the applicant’s location, then the office will generate an estimated cost of the connection.
- After cost estimation, the office will issue a demand notice which can be picked up by hand or sent to the applicant by post.
- The applicant will deposit the demand notice fee to the bank and submit a copy to the related mepco office.
- The applicant will submit a wiring test report and the related office will verify it.
- The office will prepare the priority list of applicants as per their dues submission date.
- The office will issue a service connection order.
- The related office will then contact the store to get connection items e.g. meter, wire, installation kit, etc.
The store will provide the required items to the related office.
After receiving connection items, the office of the SDO or Assist. Manager Operation will install a new meter connection.
TOTAL EXPECTED DAYS
Category – 2 (16 to 70 kW / 400 volts)
The process to get a new category-2 mepco connection is almost same as category one, but it can take up to 44 days to complete a category-2 connection.
Category – 3 (71 to 500 kW / 400 volts)
Just like categories one and two, there are the same steps for category 3, however, in this category, it may take up to 73 days from application submission date to meter installation.
Replacement of MEPCO Meter
In case you find any complaint in your MEPCO meter, you are not allowed to make any changes to it. You can simply submit a compliant application to the office. MEPCO officials would consider your request and repair or replace your meter as early as possible. However, if you have done anything to the meter, you would be given a penalty for this act.